Office Assistant - Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) Kampala
Discover an exciting Office Assistant Job opportunity at the Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) in Kampala. Join a dynamic team and contribute to the administrative functions of this esteemed organization. Gain valuable experience in office support and coordination, assisting with day-to-day operations and ensuring smooth workflow. Apply your skills and make a difference in maintaining a productive and efficient work environment. Explore this job opening and take the first step towards a rewarding career with UNBS in Kampala, Uganda.
Job Title: Office Assistant (A’ Level Jobs)
Organisation: Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda Reports to: Senior Administrator
Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Trade, Industry & Cooperatives responsible for Standardization, Quality Assurance, Metrology (Measurement), and Laboratory Testing (SQMT) with the objectives of facilitating fair trade, promoting local industries and protecting consumers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Reporting to the Senior Administrator the successful candidate shall be required to perform the following duties;
- Collect and distribute both external and internal office documents, newspapers, bulletins and messages on prescribed schedules in line with UNBS office management guidelines
- Assist in photocopying of documents as may be required by your office superiors
- Filing of documents as may be required by your office superiors
- Offer boardroom services whenever needed such as organization of boardroom for meetings and serving of necessary refreshments
- Monitor drinking water levels, clean the dispenser corn and fix water bottles on dispensers, also avail drinking glasses whenever need arises and properly keep the empty bottles for refilling in your area of jurisdiction
- Opening and closing offices and provide office security support in consultation with both the security and Administrative Officers in accordance with administrative policies and guidelines
- Clean and maintain office premises in accordance with UNBS policies.
- Run official errands as may be required by your superiors
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) Office Assistant job must hold an A' level Certificate
- The applicants should preferably hold a certificate in hospitality, Administration or any related field from a recognized Institution
- Must have competence in Motorcycle riding with a valid permit
- Two years of experience with a clean track record in Welfare and Office Management.
- High level of integrity and Ethics, Communication, Teamwork, and Time Management skills
- The successful candidate must be presentable, a person of integrity, with good communication ability, a high level of professionalism and a team player.
- Age: Below 30 years
How to Apply:
- All interested persons with the requirements are encouraged to apply as per the guidance below;
- Please follow the link, Click Here
- Use your email address for registration
- Fill in all tabs as per the application as required
- Attach your updated CV with mobile telephone numbers indicated, copies of academic qualifications, and national identity card under the tab for documents
- Complete your application by clicking ‘submit application’
- No hand delivered applications will be received
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- UNBS does not request any payments at any stage of the recruitment and review process
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 16th June 2023
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://kampalasmartcity.com/jobs or find us on our facebook page
What's Your Reaction?