Field Manager Job - Development Innovation Lab
Explore the role of a Field Manager at the Development Innovation Lab in Uganda. Join a pioneering team dedicated to driving innovation and development projects on the ground. As a Field Manager, you will play a crucial role in coordinating and managing field operations, engaging stakeholders, and ensuring project success. Gain hands-on experience in project management, community engagement, and impact assessment. Discover this exciting opportunity and contribute to positive social change in Uganda through the Development Innovation Lab.
The Development Innovation Lab (DIL) is a new initiative led by Nobel laureate Professor Michael Kremer at the University of Chicago. DIL brings researchers from various fields together with governments, firms, and nonprofits to use the tools of economics to identify, test, refine and scale innovations with the potential to benefit millions of people in low- and middle-income countries.
DIL’s engagement in Uganda is advancing along two fronts. Along the first front, several projects are underway that explore a framework in which teachers are trained to “learn how to learn.” In brief, this involves taking teachers through activities in which they learn to learn like scientists. An analysis of the pedagogical features of the training helps teachers explore pathways towards changing practices with their own students. The study has generated very promising results from an initial primary school study (Nourani, Ashraf, and Banerjee, 2020). Similar interventions are now being explored in new settings and taken to scale. For example, a new line of academic inquiry may explore whether key agricultural informants can refine extant processes of social learning around agricultural technologies if trained in this approach. DIL researchers are also currently working with the Ministry of Education to identify opportunities for scaling this approach through the continuous professional development of teachers through government systems. This process involves frequent conversations and interactions with stakeholders in the Ministry of Education, which the Senior Project Manager will manage.
DIL is seeking for full-time Field Managers to collaborate on new and ongoing field research activities in development economics. Successful applicants will work closely with the Development Innovation Lab’s (DIL) Lead Researcher and the Senior Research Associate in Uganda. This position is involves traveling across Uganda with a focus in the eastern and western regions.
- Lead and manage a team of data collectors to ensure the successful execution of data collection.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve data collection efficiency and accuracy.
- Ensure that all data collection activities are conducted in accordance with established protocols and guidelines.
- Conduct regular training sessions for data collectors to improve their skills and knowledge.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to data collectors to ensure their success in the field.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of data collectors, providing feedback and taking corrective action as necessary.
- Manage and maintain relationships with the study participants, ensuring that their expectations are managed and met.
- Build a field plan based on study objectives and adhere closely to the plan, or communicate why deviations from the plan need to be made.
- Communicate regularl
- Prepare reports to share project progress and results with the Research Professional, Research Manager and Lead Researcher.
- Implement corrective measures as discussed with the Research Professional, Research Manager and Lead Researcher.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as social sciences, or management.
- At least 3 years of experience managing data collection projects, including experience leading and managing a team of data collectors. Experience working on randomized control trials is preferred.
- Knowledge of data collection methods and techniques, including survey administration and data processing. Knowledge and experience using SurveyCTO is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively lead and motivate a team.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills, with the ability to identify and resolve issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Experience working on surveys involving secondary schools in and around Jinja OR experience with agricultural research projects is preferred.
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills.
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and a team player.
- Strong communication, and presentation skills.
- Candidates must be willing to travel extensively and flexibly as needed for their respective responsibilities
- Resume/CV (required)
- Cover Letter (required)
- References Contact Information (3 required)
As part of the recruitment process, there will be a separate test for candidates who will be selected from the first round of the selection process. Submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Application for Field Manager”
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://kampalasmartcity.com/jobs or find us on our facebook page
What's Your Reaction?