Analyst - Data Visualization Job, MTN Uganda
Analyst - Data Visualization job opportunity and unleash your data-driven creativity. Join a dynamic team and use your expertise to transform complex data into compelling visual stories. As an Analyst - Data Visualization, you will utilize cutting-edge tools and techniques to design and present data in visually engaging ways. Make an impact by providing valuable insights and helping stakeholders make informed decisions. Discover this exciting role and leverage your data visualization skills to drive meaningful change and innovation.
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job The Data Visualization Analysts designs and develops dashboards in support of the organization’s initiatives To make complex data more accessible and understandable for business users by collecting user requirements and KPI’s and transforming data from multiple sources into self‐serve visualization capabilities. Responsible for interpreting business problems and offering innovative solutions. You will work with a wide range of data sources and data types and need to design balanced data processes to connect, transform and combine disparate data.
Main Job Functions:
- Design UI/UX for solutions helping users gather meaningful insights from data.
- Collaborate across Commercial, Marketing, Operations and Technology teams to understand business needs and KPI's to aid in development of self‐service Power BI dashboards, reports, and capabilities.
- Maintain and enhance current dashboards while developing best practices for data visualization and data storytelling.
- Prepare, review findings, and make recommendations to leadership and business partners based on performance of marketing campaigns & initiatives.
- Support user adoption of dashboards through ongoing training and documentation.
- Participate in projects aiming to translate business needs into Dashboards using PowerBI (Data Visualization, Data Sets, Data Flows).
- Develop infographics through sourcing data and produce storyboards on selected organizational KPIS.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies) Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, or related field Experience:
- 3+ years of relevant experience with demonstrated ability to take complex information and/or large data sets and translate them for use in graphic or interactive visualizations.
- 3+ years hands on experience in Power BI and Python
- An understanding of UI/UX design concepts.
- Excellent communicator with good design sense and natural presentations skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- The ability to define, analyze, and document functional & technical requirements for projects.
- Proficiency in Data Science & ML development
- The ability to Interpret business problems and develop technical solutions for data architecture, database queries, report layout, data visualizations and user interaction
- Experience with automation, analysis and visualization using tools such as SQL, Python, MATLAB/R, Power BI and Tableau
- Good knowledge of developing complex Power BI and Tableau reports and dashboards
- High proficiency in Microsoft Suite of products, especially, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as SharePoint
- Deep experience using Power BI for ad-hoc analysis and dashboards.
- Experience working with big data technologies is a plus (Hadoop, Spark).
- Experience with data science and machine learning analyses.
- Strong working knowledge of process automation using a scripting language
- Strong DAX knowledge and best practices
- Experience connecting to a variety of on-premises and cloud data sources.
- Thorough experience writing and optimizing advanced SQL queries, with large-scale, complex datasets
- Ability to anticipate situations, tools needed, and obstacles through critical thinking and review of business performance.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://kampalasmartcity.com/jobs or find us on our facebook page
What's Your Reaction?